czwartek, 18 kwietnia 2013

polish problem


Today was kind of a shitty day. I had three tests, but that's not really a big deal. The big deal is that I've written them so poorly even though I studied (well, at least a little).
Above that, it's pretty hot, but I like it. I'm sick of the snow and I'm am so happy to see the sun again... Even though that makes me sleepy. Like, really freaking sleepy. I've been sleeping too much lately, at least that's how I feel, but I still wanna sleep and it's just wrong but I don't want to pour litres of coffee into me. So I sleep and then I'm mad because I did absolutely nothing. Well.
Any way, the main thing... I got off the bus today and went to a hair dresser's. While she was cutting my fringe, there was a program on the TV and the guests were a transsexual woman and her mother. I just thought that's it's really good to make an episode about it, because we are still very conservative in Poland. We're really closed off and we still have that racist thing inside us - colour of skin, religion, sexual orientation - we're basically Neanderthals when it comes to it. So, raising awareness, stuff like gender issues DO exist, all good! So suck it up!
But then the other client started staying stuff like that "Oh, God! He was a guy, but he's a girl now, and look, he looks so girly! I don't know what would I do in his mother's place, I think I'd never help my son if he asked me to!" And the hairdresser replied with similar words ("People like that totally have a screw loose") and I was just so annoyed because, hey, dick heads, do you even hear what you're saying?
They were just so ignorant but I didn't way anything (well, she was holding a pair of scissors...)
To be honest I guess I'm not really that brave to stand up for human's rights? Which makes me feel like shit. Maybe the fact that I live in a really small town is a factor, but a tiny one. I feel bad, not only because lots of  Polish people are still very much outdated with their beliefs, but also because I feel I'm a person that can't really change that?
I really want to go to a rally lately...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz